2023 became a very important year for TypeType. Throughout 2023, we actively expanded and improved, embracing change and consistently moving forward. So, in this article, we are taking a step back to take a fresh look at our transformations, document achievements, and note down plans for the future. Let’s review our year!
This article features our most fascinating materials, memorable moments from the studio’s life, and some exciting projects to expect from us soon.
Fonts of the year
- TT Neoris—our Neo-Grotesque with unlimited potential;
- TT Firs Text—an elegant Scandinavian sans serif with a Nordic character;
- TT Cometus—a dynamic, attractive, and eye-catching display font.
- TT Norms® Pro—one of the studio’s bestsellers, a functional geometric sans serif with an extensive character set. We updated this font twice and gave it a new Compact subfamily;
- TT Commons™ Pro—another bestseller, a versatile geometric sans serif. This font was also updated twice and given a Compact subfamily. We also added the Greek language support in four subfamilies;
- TT Hoves Pro—this bestseller from the top three versatile sans serifs was also improved and received new font styles along with the Vietnamese language support;
- TT Wellingtons—this Humanist sans serif was transformed entirely but kept its simple yet memorable character;
- TT Runs—we expanded the functionality of this sans serif with unusual and wide proportions;
- TT Firs Neue—this Scandinavian sans serif was reassembled and given more relevant and versatile features;
- TT Lakes Neue—we refined this geometric sans serif inspired by Finnish functionalism and expanded its application range;
- TT Bluescreens—the geometric sans serif with narrow proportions now boasts a larger range of possibilities.
Our plans for 2024
- Release new fonts: sans serifs TT Carvist and TT Travels Text, along with other currently untitled projects we are working on right now;
- Expand the TT Ricordi collection. This is a unique series where we look for hidden gems in inscriptions carved into old plaques and stones and bring them back to life in the form of modern typefaces;
- Update the bestsellers TT Norms® Pro and TT Commons™ Pro;
- Create a monospaced version of TT Hoves Pro;
- Update and enhance TT Chocolates, TT Supermolot Neue, and TT Tricks;
- Design the Cyrillic versions of TT Espina, TT Ricks, TT Globs, and TT Cometus.
Our achievements in contests
- A’ Design Award. Our eye-catching and friendly TT Fellows received gold in the nomination «A’ Graphics, Illustration and Visual Communication Design Award»;
- MUSE Awards. An elegant Florentine sans serif TT Ricordi Greto and a stylish, narrow TT Trailers secured gold in the category «Typography — Typefaces / Font System»;
- Indigo Awards. TT Espina, a modern Antiqua with sharp serifs, won the gold prize in the nomination «Graphic Design — Typography.»
We have already begun applying for new competitions, so stay tuned!
Our website progress
- We created our online font store accepting card payments;
- We implemented personal accounts where you can keep track of all your orders and receive personalized support;
- We launched a new service called «Font subscription» with its own page on our website. The subscription includes the entire TypeType font collection;
- We significantly updated the customization page;
- We published many new cases of our fonts in use;
- We released an electronic catalog featuring all the studio’s fonts subdivided into categories for your convenience;
- We introduced an FAQ where you can find the answers to all your questions about licensing;
- We added suitable font pairs for all the fonts from the catalog to make choosing typefaces for your projects easier;
- We enhanced the search function on our website, so now, in addition to font names, you can look for articles, font design cases, and website pages using relevant keywords.
These are only the most significant changes. We are constantly working on making our website even more user-friendly and engaging. There are new sections and functions planned!
New articles in TypeType blog
- «Corporate Font for O’STIN: The Full Story.» Everything about a typeface that became part of the rebranding of a well-known brand for casual clothing and accessories;
- «4 Quick Ways to Identify Fonts Used on Websites.» A simple instruction that will help you find out the name of any font you like;
- «Ligatures in Fonts: Creating Eszetts.» An article explaining what an eszett is, how to create it, and what to consider while designing ligatures;
- «Best Web Fonts: How to Choose and Use Fonts on a Website.» Everything about web fonts: what they are, how to implement custom fonts into your website, how to choose suitable fonts and mix them;
- The «UniversiTTy» article series. The first few articles from our broad educational series where our TypeType experts express complicated font design concepts in easy-to-grasp terms.
And there is much more to come. We regularly post new helpful and fascinating materials dedicated to fonts—don’t forget to check our blog for the latest updates!
Looking back at this list, we realize how eventful the previous year was for TypeType. And it’s all because of your support! Your interest in fonts inspires us to create and perfect them, learn and tell you more about them, look for new formats, and always be ready to experiment.
Thank you for being with us!